RE: Fast refresh materialized view is not updateable

From: Mike Killough <mwkillough_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:28:27 -0800

Vadim,

I added the field but it still won't fast refresh. When it is first created, the STALENESS col in dba_mviews = FRESH. When I delete a record in the base table, it becomes UNUSABLE. A fast refresh gives me this error:

QUESTT:hcl_data> exec
dbms_mview.refresh('scd_financial_summary_pit_mv1','F'); BEGIN dbms_mview.refresh('scd_financial_summary_pit_mv1','F'); END;

*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12057: materialized view "HCL_DATA"."SCD_FINANCIAL_SUMMARY_PIT_MV1" is INVALID and must complete refresh

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 814
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 872
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 852
ORA-06512: at line 1

Mike

Author: Mike Killough
  INET: mwkillough_at_hotmail.com