Re: Locally managed tablespaces/What a DBA can do ?

From: Shaibal Talukder <shaibal_talukder_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 07:38:30 -0800

Daren,

Localy managed tablespaces are good for reducing maintenance. You can limit fragmentation. In our shop we are using locally manged tablespaces and it is working fine for us.

As far as Vendors are concerned, you can keep a note of what have you done as far as reorganization is concerned just in case any problem you face while implementing a vendor upgrade or patch.

Shaibal
Senior Oracle DBA
Department of Transportation

Author: Shaibal Talukder