RE: User_product_profile and sqlplusw

From: <Simon.Anderson_at_scisys.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 02:18:20 -0800

I haven't tried it for a long time either, but I remember a couple of things that might help:

You can check the name of the program the users are connecting with using SELECT PROGRAM FROM V$SESSION; The 'security' is built into sqlplus, not into Oracle itself, so any curious user can circumvent it very easily.

It's only usefull if you trust all your users not to mess with their desktops - if you're serious about security, you might want to look at using password-protected roles to enable access. I have got it to work with sqlplusw.exe, but it was a long time ago.

Hope this helps.
Simon Anderson

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com