Re: PX Deq: Table Q qref

From: Babu Nagarajan <orclbabu_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:08:37 -0800

All

I have some more information on this. I turned on event 10046 on this. From this I was able to note the following...

  1. I start the sql script and spool the results
  2. It waits for less than a second on "process startup" and "PX Deq: Join ACK". I think these are waits for starting up the parallel query slaves and then they acknowledging the startup.
  3. Then it starts waiting on "PX Deq Credit: need buffer" and "PX Deq Credit: send blkd". I think these are when PQ actually returns data to the QC
  4. Then it starts witing on "PX Deq: Execute Reply". I see numerous waits on this. I am not sure on what this wait means.

5.After two hours, it starts waiting on "PX Deq: Table Q qref" and "SQL*Net message to client". By this time, it has finished writing to the spool file. I verified this from the unix timestamp. The trace also shows "FETCH #1:c=0,e=0,p=0,cr=0,cu=0,mis=0,r=15,dep=0,og=4,tim=57419669"

6. After about 3-4 hours later the SQL prompt returns to me. During this time it has not written to the spool file. So I am not sure what is being done in this time...

What is it doing during the Step5 desciribed above? Also why does it show "Fetch" when I have already gotten the data..

Can any of you pl comment on the above... Am I missing anything or am I interpreting it wrong...

Thanks a lot

Babu
Author: Babu Nagarajan
  INET: orclbabu_at_hotmail.com