Re: redo_size values in v$sysstat

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 06:58:30 -0800

Glenn,

The buffer cache hit ratio is meaning less, not only after startup but any time you calculate it. I am pretty sure that I am not the first one and probably not the last one saying that on this mailing list.

Now about the claim of why you need to wait until 10i to get this fixed, has probably something to do with the fact of how the SGA is allocated on the HP platform. Any change in the layout of the fixed SGA will mean a recompile of the code on HP.

Now it looks to me that the upper 4 bytes of the 8 bytes have been set to -1: 18446744069434437169
FFFFFFFF012EEE31
18446744052688746229
FFFFFFFB1B0FF6F5 So you probably could adjust for that ....

Anjo.

Author: Anjo Kolk
  INET: anjo_at_oraperf.com