RE: Favourite Urban Myth

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:33:36 -0800

Well let me be the first to show a little humility and admit to my own mistake. I wanted to write a command that would kill all of the processes that I owned. I called the script killall (I think that was it), well guess what, killall already exists! I couldn't figure out how my script which during testing was merely suppose to list the process id's went ahead and killed them!

Ethan Post
perotdba (AIM), epost1 (Yahoo)

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 10 2002 - 11:33:36 CDT