RE: RE: DBA_SOURCE question

From: Brian McGraw <brian.mcgraw_at_infinity-insurance.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:28:38 -0800

> 'why is view and trigger text stored in LONGs'

Just a wild guess, but I would bet that in previous versions it had to do with the fact that the objects were compiled at each execution, and storing them as longs as opposed to friendly text somehow cut down on that time. Or maybe that's how everything is really stored, and we're shielded from that by the _SOURCE views.

Enough speculation for today...

Brian

Author: Stephane Faroul
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com

Author: Brian McGraw
  INET: brian.mcgraw_at_infinity-insurance.com