Re: Question about Forms Version

From: JoJo Zawawi <jojo_at_jojo-zawawi.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:58:25 -0800

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for the book recommendations.

I have another question: I have Oracle 8i on an NT box. I just downloaded "Oracle Forms Developer 6i Release 2 for NT" (which has as part of it, "Oracle 9iAS Forms Services for NT"). Can I install it on that same NT box, or is it going to mess up my Oracle 8i? (I couldn't find any earlier versions of Forms Developer on Oracle's site.)

Thanks again,
JoJo

Hi
You can try two books for learning Oracle Developer Advanced Forms and Reports by Dorsey and Koletzke I also have another one that Uni is using for a subject on Developer Enhanced Guide to Oracle 8i, Morrison & Morrison both have supporting websites and Peter Koletzke hangs out on the ODTUG Dev2k list

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Peter_Koletzke/

HTH Cheers

Peter McLarty E-mail: Peter.Mclarty_at_mincom.com Technical Consultant WWW: http://www.mincom.com APAC Technical Services Phone: +61 (0)7 3303 3461 Brisbane, Australia Mobile: +61 (0)402 094 238 Facsimile: +61 (0)7 3303 3048
A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. - Walter Bagehot (1826-1877 British Economist)
Mincom "The People, The Experience, The Vision"
JoJo Zawawi <jojo_at_jojo-zawawi.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com 10/04/2002 09:58 AM Please respond to ORACLE-L To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: Fax to: Subject: Re: Question about Forms Version Thanks. So the most recent version of Forms is called 6i, is this correct? Can anyone recommend a good book for this? I appreciate all suggestions. Also, if I study a 4.5 book, would that work out alright? Thanks in advance, JoJo ----- Original Message ----- To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 4:43 PM Perhaps you're referring to Developer/2000? If so, that name was first used with Forms 4.5. I believe it was also used for Forms 5.0, but dropped after that. Marc Perkowitz Senior Consultant TWJ Consulting, LLP ----- Original Message ----- To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 5:22 PM Hi folks, Is Oracle Forms 6i the same as Oracle Forms 2000 ? Thanks!, JoJo -- This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise. -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: JoJo Zawawi INET: jojo_at_jojo-zawawi.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).