RE: rman views & one other rman question - long, sorry

From: Brian McGraw <brian.mcgraw_at_infinity-insurance.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:50:25 -0800

Lisa -

Note 98342.1 might provide you some information. An excerpt:

RMAN DATA DICTIONARY VIEWS used to query the control file

If you are not using a recovery catalog, RMAN information is stored in the
target database's control file .

V$ARCHIVED_LOG
   This view displays archived log information from the controlfile    including archive log names. An archive log record is inserted after    the online redo log is successfully archived or cleared (name column    is NULL if the log was cleared). If the log is archived twice, there    will be two archived log records with the same THREAD#, SEQUENCE#,    and FIRST_CHANGE#, but with a different name. An archive log record    is also inserted when an archive log is restored from a backup set    or a copy.

   COLUMN             DESCRIPTION
   RECID              Archived log record ID
   STAMP              Archived log record stamp
   NAME               Archived log file name
   THREAD#            Redo thread number
   SEQUENCE#          Redo log sequence number
   RESETLOGS_CHANGE#  Resetlogs change# of database when written
   RESETLOGS_TIME     Resetlogs time of database when written
   FIRST_CHANGE#      First change# in the archived log
   FIRST_TIME         Timestamp of the first change
   NEXT_CHANGE#       First change in the next log
   NEXT_TIME          Timestamp of the next change
   BLOCKS             Size of the archived log in blocks
   BLOCK_SIZE         Redo log block size
   COMPLETION_TIME    Time when the archiving completed
   DELETED            YES/NO

V$BACKUP_CORRUPTION
   This view displays information about corruptions in datafile backups    from the controlfile. Note that corruptions are not tolerated in the    controlfile and archived log backups.

   COLUMN             DESCRIPTION
   RECID              Backup corruption record ID
   STAMP              Backup corruption record stamp
   SET_STAMP          Backup set stamp
   SET_COUNT          Backup set count
   PIECE#             Backup piece number
   FILE#              Datafile number
   BLOCK#             First block of the corrupted range
   BLOCKS             Number of contiguous blocks in corrupted range
   CORRUPTION_CHANGE# Change# where logical corruption was detected.
   MARKED_CORRUPT     YES/NO. If YES the blocks were not marked
                      corrupted in datafile, but were detected and
                      marked while making backup

V$COPY_CORRUPTION
   This view displays information about datafile copy corruptions from    the controlfile.

   COLUMN             DESCRIPTION
   RECID              Copy corruption record ID
   STAMP              Copy corruption record stamp
   COPY_RECID         Datafile copy record ID
   COPY_STAMP         Datafile copy record stamp
   FILE#              Datafile number
   BLOCK#             First block of the corrupted range
   BLOCKS             Number of contiguous blocks in corrupted range
   CORRUPTION_CHANGE# Change# where logical corruption was detected.
   MARKED_CORRUPT     YES/NO. If YES the blocks were not marked
                      corrupted in datafile, but were detected and
                      marked while making the datafile copy

V$BACKUP_DATAFILE
   Useful for creating equal sized backup sets by determining the    number of blocks in each datafile. Can also find the number of    corrupt blocks for the datafile.

   COLUMN             DESCRIPTION
   RECID              Backup datafile record ID
   STAMP              Backup datafile record stamp
   SET_STAMP          Backup set stamp
   SET_COUNT          Backup set count
   FILE#              Datafile number. Set to 0 for controlfile
   CREATION_CHANGE#   Creation change of the datafile
   CREATION_TIME      Creation timestamp of the datafile
   RESETLOGS_CHANGE#  Resetlogs change# of datafile when backed up
   RESETLOGS_TIME     Resetlogs timestamp of datafile when backed up
   INCREMENTAL_LEVEL (0-4) incremental backup level    INCREMENTAL_CHANGE# All blocks changed after incremental change# is
                       included in this backup.
   CHECKPOINT_CHANGE#  All changes up to checkpoint change# are included
                       in this backup

   CHECKPOINT_TIME Timestamp of the checkpoint    ABSOLUTE_FUZZY_CHANGE# Highest change# in this backup
   MARKED_CORRUPT     Number of blocks marked corrupt
   MEDIA_CORRUPT      Number of blocks media corrupt
   LOGICALLY_CORRUPT Number of blocks logically corrupt    DATAFILE_BLOCKS Size of the datafile in blocks at backup time.
   BLOCKS             Size of the backup datafile in blocks.
   BLOCK_SIZE         Block size
   OLDEST_OFFLINE_RANGE The RECID of the oldest offline range record in
                        this backup controlfile.
   COMPLETION_TIME      The time completed.

V$BACKUP_REDOLOG
   This view displays information about archived logs in backup sets    from the controlfile. Note that online redo logs cannot be backed up    directly; they must be archived first to disk and then backed up. An    archive log backup set can contain one or more archived logs.

   COLUMN             DESCRIPTION
   RECID              Record ID for this row.
   STAMP              Timestamp used with RECID to identify this row
   SET_STAMP          One foreign key for the row of the V$BACKUP_SET
                      table that identifies backup set
   SET_COUNT          One foreign key for the row of the V$BACKUP_SET
                      table that identifies this backup set
   THREAD#            Thread number for the log
   SEQUENCE#          Log sequence number
   RESETLOGS_CHANGE#  Change number of the last resetlogs
   RESETLOGS_TIME     Change time of the last resetlogs
   FIRST_CHANGE#      SCN when the log was switched into.
   FIRST_TIME         Time allocated when the log was switched into
   NEXT_CHANGE#       SCN when the log was switched out of.
   NEXT_TIME          Time allocated when the log was switched out of
   BLOCKS             Size of the log in logical blocks
   BLOCK_SIZE         Size of the log blocks in bytes

V$BACKUP_SET
   This view displays backup set information from the controlfile. A    backup set record is inserted after the backup set is successfully    completed.

   COLUMN             DESCRIPTION
   RECID              Backup set record ID
   STAMP              Backup set record timestamp
   SET_STAMP          Backup set stamp.
   SET_COUNT          Backup set count. The backup set count is
                      incremented by one every time a new backup set
                      is started
   BACKUP_TYPE        Type of files that are in this backup.
                         archived redo logs   = \QL
                         datafile full backup = \QD
                         incremental backup   = \QI
   CONTROLFILE_INCLUDED YES/NO
   INCREMENTAL_LEVEL Location where this backup set fits into the
                         database's backup strategy.
                         0        = full datafile backups
                         non-zero = incremental datafile backups
                         NULL     = archivelog backups
   PIECES             Number of distinct backup pieces in backup set
   COMPLETION_TIME Time when the backup completes successfully    ELAPSED_SECONDS The number of elapsed seconds.    BLOCK_SIZE Block size of the backup set

V$BACKUP_PIECE
   This view displays information about backup pieces from the    controlfile. Each backup set consist of one or more backup pieces.

   COLUMN             DESCRIPTION
   RECID              Backup piece record ID
   STAMP              Backup piece record stamp
   SET_STAMP          Backup set stamp
   SET_COUNT          Backup set count
   PIECE#             Backup piece number (1-N)
   DEVICE_TYPE        Type of device where backup piece resides.
   HANDLE             Identifies the backup piece on restore
   COMMENTS           Comment returned by OS or storage subsystem.
   MEDIA              Name of the media where backup piece resides.
   CONCUR             YES/NO, Whether piece on media can be accessed
                      concurrently
   TAG                Backup piece tag. The tag is specified at backup
                      set level, but stored at piece level
   DELETED            If set to YES indicates the piece is deleted
   START_TIME         The starting time.
   COMPLETION_TIME The completion time.    ELAPSED_SECONDS The number of elapsed seconds. HTH - Brian

| Brian McGraw /* DBA */ Infinity Insurance | | mailto:Brian.McGraw_at_Infinity-Insurance.com |

Author: Koivu, Lisa
  INET: lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com

Author: Brian McGraw
  INET: brian.mcgraw_at_infinity-insurance.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 15:50:25 CDT