RE: RE: Oracle vs. MS SQL

From: <Brian_P_MacLean_at_eFunds.Com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:04:17 -0800

The last time I checked SE didn't have patch maintenance. So you could get v8.1.7 but not v8.1.7.3. If that works for you, fine. Didn't work for me.

Brian P. MacLean
Oracle DBA, OCP8i

                    DENNIS WILLIAMS
                    <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFE       To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    TOUCH.COM>            cc:
                    Sent by:              Subject:     RE: RE: Oracle vs. MS SQL
                    root_at_fatcity.co

                    04/09/02 07:03
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to ORACLE-L

Jared - The list prices we were able to find were
           Standard Edition Unlimited users $15,000 per CPU
           Enterprise Edition Unlimited users $40,000 per CPU
This is list, your organization may be able to get a better deal. Needless to say, for new projects we have been looking VERY hard to see if SE will suffice.
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com