RE: Export taking to long

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 08:08:26 -0800

I am just throwing these quickly ...

how large are your rollback segments? Consistent=y means Oracle has to remember every data block that existed at the time your export began.

I haven't seen recordlength= before, is this the equivalent of the older "buffer=" parameter? Here I often set buffer= to 1000000, we have enough memory on our server to handle it and I don't have to worry too much about record lengths.

This is probably silly too --> your server is not paging, I hope.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca