RE: Still Problem with ORA-12514

From: Burton, Laura L. <BurtonL_at_prismplus.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 10:38:18 -0800

I have had one instance (out of many) where using a hostname would not work. I was getting the same error and I had to use the IP address in the Listener to get it to work. There were two IP addresses and the listener was accessing the second address where the client was accessing the first IP address.

Laura

Author: Danisment Gazi Unal
  INET: dunal_at_unal-bilisim.com

Author: Burton, Laura L.