Re: RMAN

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 11:25:30 -0800

Steve,

Quite an impressive list to discourage anyone :)) And you are asking "how's Jared's book coming" :))

And no, I never thought about it (writing on Oracle issues) exactly because of p.5 you listed, though I wrote several articles on SQL Server (for "SQL Server Professional"), but Oracle is so much deeper. When I was dealing with SQL Server, I felt, that I know "everything" about it, while with Oracle, it feels like just "touching the surface".

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com

Hey Jared,

One of the publishers asked me to write such a book but I declined because:

1) It's a lot of work;
2) It doesn't pay;
3) I'd have to get into 9i and setup quite an infrastructure to do a

   thorough job and test so many scenarios and setup variables;

4) I lack self confidence;
5) I don't want to be an over-achiever;
6) I want to have a life;
7) Etc.