RE: ora-12514

From: Sutton, Reed <rsutton_at_fcg.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:07:49 -0800

Hamid,

Are you using Unix? If you are, put your sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora in a generic location so that all homes can access them. For instance, on HP-UX we put them in /etc and on Solaris we put them in /var/opt/oracle. That way all the different versions are accessing the same files, no matter what their $ORACLE_HOME is set to. Unfortunately (fortunately for me, actually) :-) we don't have any NT servers with multiple ORACLE_HOMEs, so I don't know how you would do it on NT.

HTH
Reed

Author: Hamid Alavi
  INET: hamid.alavi_at_quovadx.com

command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

command for other information (like subscribing).

===================== End Confidentiality Statement =====================

Author: Hamid Alavi

Author: Sutton, Reed
  INET: rsutton_at_fcg.com