RE: WHICH UNIX FOR ORACLE?

From: Orr, Steve <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 08:31:28 -0800

Lot's of listers have presented nice lists but if you don't have Linux on your list then your experience is woefully incomplete. Long live Linux! The war is on and those who don't join this camp soon will find themselves on the losing side! :-)

I did HPUX. I did Solaris. Now I'm doing Linux and life is wonderful.

Unopinionatedly yours,
Archie Bunker Steve Orr

Author: "Gene Sais" <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Date:       4/4/2002 9:24 AM

here go the wars :)

1. Solaris
2. HP UX
3. IBM AIX

imho, in order. this is definitely in the archives.

gene

>>> bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr 04/04/02 11:36AM >>>
We are searching about which unix is best ? We will apply 9ias and 8.1.7 DB . plus Oracle Portal. Can you direct me to a link for comparison about SOLARIS , AIX , HP-UX for performance and other options ..
Thank you ...

Bunyamin K. Karadeniz
Oracle DBA / Developer
Civilian IT Department
Havelsan A.S. Eskisehir yolu
7.km Ankara Turkey
Phone: +90 312 2873565 / 1217
Mobile : +90 535 3357729

The degree of normality in a database
is inversely proportional to that of its DBA.

Author: Orr, Steve
  INET: sorr_at_rightnow.com