RE: run PL/SQL in background

From: John Dunn <john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 08:03:45 -0800

<<It can be an acceptable solution if you increase job_processes accordingly.>>

Yes, the developers approach is to have these processes sleep using dbms_lock.

My main concern with starting these via dbms_jobs is that if the number of such long running PL/SQL procedures grows, so will the number of job_processes. I am vary of having too many ora_snp processes running since presumably they use system resources in their own right?

John

Author: John Dunn
  INET: john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk