RE: ORA-27072/HP-UX file too large

From: Thanh-truc Nguyen <nguyen_at_laposte.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 06:08:26 -0800

Hello,
I'd the same problem than you and after changing the ulimit (on file) of the user who did the export to unlimited it worked fine.

Hope that help.
Thanh-truc Nguyen

A : Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLEL @fatcity.com>

Copies :
Date   : Fri, 05 Apr 2002 05:38:35 -0800
Objet  : RE: ORA-27072/HP-UX file too large

> The HP-UX error may be misleading.
> May be the export dump file is getting larger than 2GB ?
>
> - Kirti

have put that
> in my post). It's enabled on all volumes.
>
> --- Gene Sais <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us> wrote:
> > its an os problem, make sure your filesystems are large
enabled. aix
> > has a 64gb filesize limit, forgot what hp ux is.

> > Hi, all.
> >
> > Oracle 8.1.7.2.0 on HP-UX B.11.00.
> >
> > When performing a full database export, I'm getting
> >
> > EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1114 encountered
> > ORA-01114: IO error writing block to file 201 (block #
366985)
> > ORA-27072: skgfdisp: I/O error
> > HP-UX Error: 27: File too large
> > Additional information: 366985
> > ORA-01114: IO error writing block to file 201 (block #
366985)
> > ORA-27072: skgfdisp: I/O error
> > HP-UX Error: 27: File too large
> > Additional information: 366985
> > EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully
> >

> > File 201 is a tempfile, for the temporary tablespace. Its
size is
> > approx. 3 GB. A similar full export runs nightly and
succeeded last
> > night (I can't be sure about all previous nights as they
don't save
> > the
> > log files).
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this? Why is export writing to the
temporary

http://www.orafaq.com
> > --
> > Author: Paul Baumgartel
> > INET: treegarden_at_yahoo.com
> >
> > Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858)
538-5051
> > San Diego, California -- Public Internet access /
Mailing
> > Lists
message
> > to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling
of 'ListGuru') and in
> > (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed
from). You may
> > also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ; 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,13 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)"

Author:   INET: nguyen_at_laposte.net