Re: sysdba

From: P I P O <wsellado_at_ntsp.nec.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 21:38:19 -0800

i got the cause of this problem....
when i set the TWO_TASK env variable
to $ORACLE_SID, this error appears
but when I unset the said variable,
I can already login as sysdba of
simply starts my instance through
the dbstart script which uses the
current user. (connect / as sysdba)

bill thater wrote:

> wsellado_at_ntsp.nec.co.jp wrote:
>
> > the acoount that i used was oracle account.
> > primary group is oinstall and secondary is dba.
>
> try chenging it to the other way around. with DBA as the primary and
> oinstall as the secondary. that's the way i always set the oracle
> account up and i've had no problems under sloaris through version 8.1.7.

> Bill "Shrek" Thater ORACLE DBA
> bthater2_at_netscape.net
> You gotta program like you don't need the money,
> You gotta compile like you'll never get hurt,
> You gotta run like there's nobody watching,
> It's gotta come from the heart if you want it to work.
> "My goal is simple. It is complete understanding of the universe, why it
> is as it is and why it exists at all." - Stephen Hawking

> Author: bill thater
> INET: bthater2_at_netscape.net

 Wilfredo Sellado, AbtikBoys
 Software Design Engineer
 NEC Telecom Software Phils., Inc.
 Asiatown I.T. Park
 Apas, Cebu City 6000, Philippines
 Office   : +63(32)233-9142 [local 311]
 Residence: +63(32)412-8350
 Mobile   : +63(917)546-5867
 Email    : <wsellado_at_ntsp.nec.co.jp>

 I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where
 I love you simply without problems or pride
 I love you in this way because I don't know any other way of loving

Author: P I P O
  INET: wsellado_at_ntsp.nec.co.jp