Re[2]: WHICH UNIX FOR ORACLE?

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 13:58:42 -0800

Consider yourself torched!

Dick Goulet

Author: Brian_P_MacLean_at_eFunds.Com
Date:       4/4/2002 12:58 PM

A search of google didn't yield much to your need. My personal preference for the Unix's is Sun, then AIX, And in the list of ones that I will never work on again if I can help it is HP and Dynix-PTX (no flames please). My preference has nothing to do with performance or cost. It have more to do with the little things like dtksh, truss and the /proc related commands like ptree, etc., etc.

See also -> http://dhbrown.com/dhbrown/aboutDHBA.cfm

Brian P. MacLean
Oracle DBA, OCP8i

                    "Bunyamin K.

                    Karadeniz"              To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    <bunyamink_at_havels       cc:

                    an.com.tr>              Subject:     WHICH UNIX FOR ORACLE?

                    Sent by:

                    root_at_fatcity.com

                    04/04/02 09:36 AM

                    Please respond to

                    ORACLE-L

We are searching about which unix is best ? We will apply 9ias and 8.1.7 DB . plus Oracle Portal. Can you direct me to a link for comparison about SOLARIS , AIX , HP-UX for performance and other options ..
Thank you ...

Bunyamin K. Karadeniz
Oracle DBA / Developer
Civilian IT Department
Havelsan A.S. Eskisehir yolu
7.km Ankara Turkey
Phone: +90 312 2873565 / 1217
Mobile : +90 535 3357729

The degree of normality in a database
is inversely proportional to that of its DBA.

  INET: Brian_P_MacLean_at_eFunds.Com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Apr 04 2002 - 15:58:42 CST