RE: WHICH UNIX FOR ORACLE?

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 12:08:35 -0800

How about XENIX?

: )

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

-----Original Message-----

Sent:	Thursday, April 04, 2002 2:29 PM
To:	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject:	RE: WHICH UNIX FOR ORACLE?

I'm very suprised no one has said Linux. ?? It is one of the first tier platforms for Oracle now, isn't it? I also thought I read on this list a while back that Solaris was no longer the dev platform?

Guess it all depends on what strengths you are looking for. For my employer, who is CHEAP, it was Windows. Who cares that it's not as stable as I would like. You should have seen the VP grin at me with this patronizing smile when he said, "I'll approve $35,000 for this project!", like he had done me a huge favor. I wanted to growl.

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Apr 04 2002 - 14:08:35 CST