RE: PL/SQL again

From: Alec Macdonell <amacdonell_at_usscript.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:54:11 -0800

Just doing a quick search on the code. I see you creating a bortags_flagg variable. I see you writing SQL to select this value but I do not see the variable being assigned.

This is in your declare statment.

        borttags_flagg number;

Here you define lvSQL with a select statment. (I have edited out the comments)
lvSQL := 'SELECT
ICA_ARTIKEL.FSGPRIS,ICA_ARTIKEL.BORTTAGS_FLAGG,ICA_ARTIKEL.PANTBELOPP ' ||

	     'FROM A'||AvdNr||'.ICA_ARTIKEL@'||LookUpServerName|| ' ' |||
	    'WHERE ICA_ARTIKEL.EAN=' || EanLPVara || ' ' ||
            'AND ICA_ARTIKEL.DATUM<TO_DATE('''||inDatum||''',''YYYY-MM-DD'')
' ||
          'ORDER BY DATUM DESC';

        DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(lvSQL);

	  OPEN c_t_PrisSubstitut FOR
	  lvSQL;
	  FETCH c_t_PrisSubstitut into tmpSubstitutPris,ButikPantBelopp;

The way I am reading this code you are selecting ICA_ARTIKEL.FSGPRIS into tmpSubstitutPris and ICA_ARTIKEL.BORTTAGS_FLAGG into ButikPantBelopp. I assume ButikPantBelopp, since based off REGISTER.pris, is a number and does not raise a data type problem when BORTTAGS_FLAGG is assigned to it. I can not be certain but changing the fetch to read...

FETCH c_t_PrisSubstitut into
tmpSubstitutPris,borttags_flagg,ButikPantBelopp;

may solve the problem. In any case I would review the code and select the BORTTAGS_FLAGG column in the appropriate cursor. The only other reference to the ICA_ARTIKEL table I could find followed ...

    if varutyp <> 4 then

line of code. Perhaps this is the cursor that needs this column added.

Alec

Author: Alec Macdonell
  INET: amacdonell_at_usscript.com