RE: RMAN

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 08:10:47 -0800

Hi Ruth,

I am glad to hear that someone else has taken the same route I have. I think I ticked off the sysadmin but I really don't care :) I can blame it all on hormones. It adds another step in recovery, and I have a feeling all my rman reports won't be correct (because they want to be able to see the backup sets that have been created) but I can live with that.

You are right, the backup to disk is lightning fast compared to even the fastest write to tape. I am a bit concerned about the lag between taking the backup and writing the backup sets to tape, but it's better than waiting several hours for a backup to complete.

Have a great afternoon!
Lisa

Author: Koivu, Lisa
  INET: lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com