Planning/Arranging tables common to multiple applications on one

From: Abdul Aleem <dmit_at_beaconhouse.edu.pk>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 21:33:19 -0800

Hi,

Currently we have one Oracle Database Server, we might have one more in future, running one application. For a couple of new applications we have created users/schema by the name of applications and have created the tables there for grouping them on the basis of application.

There are however a few tables that are common to all applications like company info, list of branch offices, list of users, employees, etc. For these there is not point duplicating these tables in each schema and then synchronize them.

One way that I could think of was to create a common user/schema, create tables there and give all users read privileges. Except the one that would do the DML. I have this feeling that this is perhaps not the best way to do it. So I need your advice.

TIA! Aleem

Author: Abdul Aleem
  INET: dmit_at_beaconhouse.edu.pk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 03 2002 - 23:33:19 CST