Re: Help needed

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 11:25:20 -0800

Rakesh ,
create your tablespaces as required using system managed or LMT's. I chose LMT and I wanted to control the size of the extents. example:
CREATE TABLESPACE IDSR_DATA_02
DATAFILE '/data3/lnxdb/idsr02d.dbf' SIZE 1600 M AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 20 M
EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 20 M; CREATE TABLESPACE IDSR_INDX_93
DATAFILE '/indx1/lnxdb/idsr93i.dbf' SIZE 12 M AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 2 M
NOLOGGING
EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 2 M; Then you create the tables for the tablespaces. Example:
CREATE TABLE GLCIDSR (
SALEDATE DATE,
additional columns.......)
PARTITION BY RANGE(SALEDATE)
(PARTITION IDSRD93 VALUES LESS THAN ('01-01-1994') TABLESPACE IDSR_DATA_93,
PARTITION IDSRD94 VALUES LESS THAN ('01-01-1995') TABLESPACE IDSR_DATA_94,........
 Then create the indexes for the tables. Example.
ALTER TABLE glcidsr

	ADD CONSTRAINT glcidsr_pk
	PRIMARY KEY  ( saledate)
	USING INDEX

local
(partition idsr93 tablespace idsr_indx_93 storage (initial 1 M next 1 M pctincrease 0), partition idsr94 tablespace idsr_indx_94 storage (initial 2 M next 2 M pctincrease 0),.......

There is very good documentation available on using these features that Oracle has developed. Remember that some of the features must be purchased if used in a business.
ROR mª¿ªm
>>> rakesh_banerjee_at_hotmail.com 04/03/02 10:33AM >>>
Hi,
Thanks for ur answer. Can u please help me in giving the code about how to
implement it, i.e. how to write the code specifying the particular tablespace, because as the new financial year will appear, new tablespace
will be required. So how it can be managed to put the code in the DDL script
so that it assigns the tablespace automatically. Waiting for ur reply.

With Regards
Rakesh Banerjee

>From: "Igor Neyman" <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
>Subject: Re: Help needed
>Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 06:53:33 -0800
>
>Put each partition into separate tablespace.
>
>Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
>ineyman_at_perceptron.com

Lists

Author: rakesh banerjee