RE: EMC question

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:48:24 -0800

HI Gaja & list,

I am trying to find the truth here! I was told by the storage group that EMC has striping now and this what I'm researching.

Gaja, what you described as a problem during WRITES to striped EMC is a typical procedure in any striped volumes.

There is a mid layer that has to map logical I/O addresses to physical disk addresses.

If you are using Veritas LVM then all reads/writes requests will be queued to the LVM and will do exactly as you mentioned.

There is a queue but the difference is big. You have a queue with many servers serving the queue requests simultaneously.

Please check powerlink.emc.com

Regards,

Waleed

Author: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha