RE: Seeking opinions

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:23:21 -0800

To me, there is a potential problem with having the software, administrative files (init.ora, etc), and database files all under one tree. Has no one else needed to do an "rm -r" in an admin or datafile directory to delete an old database? While there is a certain level of trust that must be given to SAs and DBAs, I try to prevent human error -- especially when that human is me!

If our datafiles all reside under the "/oracle" directory (under several mountpoints) while the software and admin directories are under another, it becomes that much more difficult to accidentally mangle files unintentionally.

And all this aside, Oracle doesn't support OFA in any way on OpenVMS. Trying to implement it there is an excersize in futility. And cause for excessive beer consumption.

:)

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com