Re: Do programmers tune SQL?

From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_qwest.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 08:43:24 -0800

Well, I sent this to the list yesterday but it never showed up, trying again.

Learn the basics of executing SQL from Java:

Statement - basic SQL statement
Prepared Statement - precompiled SQL statement (bind variables) Callable Statement - calling database procedures/functions

Get the O'Reilly book "Java Enterprise in a Nutshell". That book was a lifesaver for me when working with Java developers, as it helped me understand and communicate in terms they understood.

Suzy

Author: Suzy Vordos
  INET: lvordos_at_qwest.com