RE: Oracle From a Sybase DBA perspective| What is a Database to S

From: Kimberly Smith <ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:48:19 -0800

Maybe they do not want to reinvent the wheel???? I mean, there are so many tools out there that allow you to dump a table out. Take a Perl script that would take 3 minutes to write for example. The account I joined has a rather nifty C script. You get to modify it to perfectly suite your environment with very little effort.

I am just guessing. I have no real idea. But I could see where its not really worth their effort. It will not ever be a selling point for me when it comes down to deciding which database I want to go with.

Author: Freeman, Robert
  INET: Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Apr 01 2002 - 19:48:19 CST