RE: Convertion from Figures to Words

From: Hallas John <John.Hallas_at_O2.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:08:34 -0800

I can get the following to work with a date format but I cannot see how to do it with just plain numbers.
If nobody else comes up with an answer then I suppose you could use DECODE or populate a reference table with each number and it's alphabetic translation
HTH John

 1 SELECT TO_CHAR(TO_DATE('27-OCT-01','DD-MM-YYYY'),'DDSP-MMSP-YYSP')   2* from dual
SQL> / TO_CHAR(TO_DATE('27-OCT-01','DD-M

TWENTY-SEVEN-TEN-ONE -----Original Message-----
Sent: 27 March 2002 09:48
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Dear Listers ,

  I need to convert Figures to Words ...EX : 123 to One Hundred Twenty Three....
Currently I am using a writen function to do that ..But it has limitations ...

Any suggestions regarding that ?????

Thanks a lot in advance ....

Regards

Author: Ahmed Gholam Hussain
  INET: ahussain_at_gisqatar.org.qa

This electronic message contains information from the mmO2 plc Group which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.

Author: Hallas John
  INET: John.Hallas_at_o2.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 27 2002 - 05:08:34 CST