RE: STATSPACK

From: Mohammed Shakir <mshakir08816_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:43:24 -0800

First it seems like you want to understand the report. The report does have some comments on the top of the page, what to expect. However, if you can buy the book that Dennis suggested, you will get additional information on how to interpret the report.

The book also provides many scripts that generate reports as well as comments in the report. I found the book and especially the scripts real worth while.

As far as writing you own query, you could use the scripts provided with Statspack and the book as a baseline and get your own canned reports.

I have used scripts that I have collected over many years. Statspack collects relevant data, organizes data in a nice way and stores the data for you. The scripts and information in the book give you additional stuff that is not covered in the book.

Mohammed Shakir
CompuSoft, Inc.
11 Heather Way
East Brunswick, NJ 08816-2825