RE: Remote or Not? Was: Production Oracle DBA Needed in Rocheste

From: Robertson Lee - lerobe <lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:53:20 -0800

Personally I like being in the office environment and interacting with other members of my species :-) I do get the opportunity to work from home on a fairly regular basis and I do take it when I really need to focus on something but I do miss the buzz of being in the workplace if I'm away for too long. Working from home is ideal around the holidays and those days when you have overindulged in whatever your favourite tipple is the night before and driving into work would be too risky :-)

FWIW - there are two DBAs in this country (UK) working for our company and we live about 300 miles apart. I work from the Data Centre, with the UNIX SAs and the hardware in the North East of England, he works from an office in London with the developers. It works well (esp. for me !!) and we meet up on a regular basis for status meetings and catch ups.

Regards

Lee

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.
Author: Robertson Lee - lerobe
  INET: lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk