RE: Windows NT and Virtual Memory

From: Jack C. Applewhite <japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:24:02 -0800

Raj,

Oracle can only use 2GB of RAM for all its processes under NT or Win2k unless you're using NT Enterprise Edition or Win2k Advanced Server and you set an NT / Win2k parameter to allow it to use up to 3GB or (yet another OS setup) 4GB and more.

Check out the Windows-specific docs for info. and references to papers on the MS site. I went through that investigation a while back, but the exact details have left my brain cell. ;-)

Jack

Jack C. Applewhite
Database Administrator/Developer
OCP Oracle8 DBA