Re: diag.cmd script

From: <hemantchitale_at_charteredsemi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:38:21 -0800

Patrice,
That you're running diag.cmd and not diag.csh, I assume you are on NT. What version of iAS and Portal are you using.

I have used diag.csh (on Solaris, iAS 1.0.2.2, Portal 3.0.9) when we had issues
cloning a portal environment some months ago and had learnt to ignore some messages. Could you post the output that you're getting when running the diag
command ?

Hemant K Chitale
Principal DBA
Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd

"Boivin, Patrice J" <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca> 22/03/2002 10:18 AM Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

Please respond to ORACLE-L

             To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
             cc: (bcc: CHITALE Hemant Krishnarao/IT/CHRT/ST Group)
             Subject: diag.cmd script

Something strange has happened.

This utility, supplied with iAS to test portals, tells me there may be something wrong with my portal.

In fact, it can't find the server name for the portal.

Meanwhile we can access the portal no problem from a Web browser. I logged a TAR with Oracle to ask them about this little utility that tests portals...

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des syst¨¨mes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | R¨¦gion des Maritimes, MPO

E-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

[This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.]ÿóåy«±ç­…ê~'"jS‘ Received on Thu Mar 21 2002 - 21:38:21 CST