RE: A RMAN question

From: SARKAR, Samir <Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:43:33 -0800

Thanks Jay.....actually our clients want it that way that the cloned DB is backed up instead of the production DB.
I think u r right about RMAN getting confused when it reads the controlfiles

the next day for taking an incremental backup since they will have been replaced
overnight. But I am using a recovery catalog database, so I dont understand why
won't RMAN just go and take an incremental backup of only the changed blocks

anyway instead of bothering about whats there in the control files of the target
database.
Does this also mean that in case I have to recreate the controlfile of the target
database, I can never do an incremental backup during the first go ??

Regards,
Samir

Samir Sarkar
Oracle DBA
SchlumbergerSema
Email : samir.sarkar_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com

            ssarkar2_at_slb.com
Author: Jay Hostetter
  INET: jhostetter_at_decommunications.com

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.

Author: SARKAR, Samir
  INET: Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com