RE: system packages status is invalid Oracle 8.1.7 on red hat 7.2

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:23:24 -0800

Run rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql or utlrep.sql.

Then query again for invalid packages.

If there are still many, then not enough room to hold them all in your shared pool.

Packages are invalid when the db starts up, because no one has accessed them yet. Utlrp.sql forces Oracle to do the work up front.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Koivu, Lisa
  INET: lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca