RE: Oracle Gold Support/ iTARs

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:33:31 -0800

Ian and the list,

iTARs are part and parcel of the Oracle Apps world - you wouldn't believe the number of iTARs that needed to get opened, especially during testing/implementation of new versions. I have seen upto 10 - 15 TARs being opened per day during such times, esp. with 11i installations.... Holding a 'Premium Services' support contract does help though :) We get called back within 1/2 hour, even for Sev-3 items.

Having said that, at a previous job in a remote country far away, I have had to open just one TAR in 5 years of 'non-Apps database' DBAing, and it was to do with a Name server patch.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Grace - Getting something we don't deserve Mercy - NOT getting something we deserve

Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com