RE: storing wave files in database(Oracle)

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:28:30 -0800

Shibu - One piece of advice I received was that unless you are manipulating the audio/video data inside Oracle, you may be better off storing them in external files. Oracle has some overhead in storing and retrieving the data that may be significantly higher than just using the operating system. Again, this was just something a knowledgeable person mentioned, nothing I have tested myself, so I will be interested in the results anyone else has experienced.

    If you are still bent on storing the wave files in Oracle, I would suggest that reviewing various tuning techniques that can optimize the speed of storing data.
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 20 2002 - 08:28:30 CST