RE: Oracle Gold Support

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 01:43:23 -0800

I agree, 98 is a pile of ... The thread management in 98 leaves a *lot* to be desired, and as Oracle is a single (multi-threaded) process on win32 platforms, it usually helps to get an OS that can handle these multiple threads "correctly".

Upgrade to Win2K Pro.. 192Mb RAM is more than enough, just set your page file (VM) to 288Mb (physical*1.5).

HTH Mark

 Mark Leith             | T: +44 (0)1905 330 281
 Sales & Marketing      | F: +44 (0)870 127 5283
 Cool Tools UK Ltd      | E: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk
           http://www.cool-tools.co.uk
       Maximising throughput & performance

Author: Igor Neyman
  INET: ineyman_at_perceptron.com