RE: Monitoring database thru cluster

From: Kimberly Smith <ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:03:18 -0800

We monitored the database via the cluster. Same hardware. Its silly to have high availability software and not use it. I realize that its mostly likely monitoring the disks. If the database comes back up great, the users can start using it and I can do my research as to why it crashed. If it does not come back up due to a serious problem no loss in trying. The package is just going to sit there and wait.

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 19 2002 - 20:03:18 CST