RE: Oracle hangs...Oracle 8.1.7.3 and Solaris 2.7

From: Grabowy, Chris <cgrabowy_at_fcg.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:58:28 -0800

Here is the latest on the Oracle hangs issue from the DBA working it...

In 8.1.7.2 we had frequent crashes, and Oracle told us to upgrade to 8.1.7.3 to solve that. The crashes then turned into these hangs. The problem is our hangs are total freezes - we can't log on, we can't do anything with sessions already logged on - nothing. That means we are not able to run Statspack or Hanganalyze or anything like that help us figure out what's causing it. If you have any other ideas we're open to anything.

Thanks
Reed

Author: Grabowy, Chris
  INET: cgrabowy_at_fcg.com

Author: Grabowy, Chris
  INET: cgrabowy_at_fcg.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 19 2002 - 08:58:28 CST