Standby Database Problem

From: Hussain Ahmed Qadri <hussain_at_skm.org.pk>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:13:19 -0800

Hi

While trying to install developer6 on our standby database test server (OS NT4, Oracle 8.1.7), I have some how corrupted the 8i, and hence the standby database is not working. Its actually the Oracle Suite tools which are not working. I am going to configure it again, that is install the Oracle8i again. But what I want to know is that do I have to copy the datafiles from the main server again and recreate the control file. Or just reinstall the oracle database, copy the archive redologs, which are missing, apply them and then mount the standby database in recover managed mode with the existing Datafile copies? The reason I am asking this is that the configuration of database is not changed nor the database has been brought from standby to active mode, just registry entries have been changed/deleted becuase of selecting a different home for Developer6 (Thats another problem that after installing Oracle 8i, when u want to install Dev6,it doesn't allow installation in the same Oracle home and neither in a separate home, but if you try it again in a separate home, like I did, it removes the entries of first Oracle home, so no Oracle 8i! ) So in such case WHAT happens to the STAND BY Database???

Looking forward to your replies

Regards,

Hussain Ahmed Qadri
Database Administrator
Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre hussain_at_skm.org.pk
www.shaukatkhanum.org.pk

Author: Hussain Ahmed Qadri
  INET: hussain_at_skm.org.pk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 19 2002 - 00:13:19 CST