Oracle vs. MS SQL EE vs. SE

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:48:27 -0800

I have been asked to compare Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server. I notice that Microsoft has introduced Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition versions. Can anyone point me to resources that will help me compare these versions with Oracle versions?

    My impression is that Oracle introduced SE as a way to have something equivalent to MS SQL. Now I am concerned that MS is trying to have SE and EE versions to show equivalence to Oracle. But I need some evidence to demonstrate this.

    Any assistance will be appreciated.
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 18 2002 - 09:48:27 CST