Re: how to know ,the tables which are accessed via FTS?

From: <hemantchitale_at_charteredsemi.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:43:21 -0800

I've rewritten the query as :
select usr.name oowner, ob.name oname
  from
  (
  select obj
  from x$bh
  where to_number(bitand(flag, power(2,19))) > 0   group by obj
  ) bh,
  obj$ ob,
  user$ usr
  where
  ob.dataobj# = bh.obj
  and ob.owner# = usr.user#
  order by usr.name, ob.name
  /

This query runs successsfully consistently.

I've also given credit to Jonathan in my update on the TAR. The Support Analyst might be writing a note on Metalink on the query.

Hemant K Chitale
Principal DBA
Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd

CHITALE Hemant Krishnarao/IT/CHRT/ST Group_at_ST Domain 14/03/2002 11:48 AM Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

Please respond to ORACLE-L

             To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
             cc: (bcc: CHITALE Hemant Krishnarao/IT/CHRT/ST Group)
             Subject: Re: how to know ,the tables which are accessed via FTS?

Jonathan,

I just saw your email. I'll try your suggestions.

To report more on the query "crashing" ....

I had logged a TAR on discovering ORA-7445 errors in my alert.log [For those who have access to Oracle Internal networks, the TAR# is 2220560.999].
The analyst was of t he opinion was that the trace was similar to Bug #1571059 with a suggested workaround of event 10933 level 4096. However, he wanted further investigation by me. I then found tested different queries and found that this particular query was causing the ORA-7445 and creating a 33MB user_dump
(of course, this is a busy database -- session dumps would be larger).
The analyst is working on it again with the new trace file.

I've retested my original script against less-busy (Datawarehouse, Portal, iFS)
databases running 8.1.7.0.0 on Solaris.
As you've pointed out it could be happening in my Apps instance because of the "in-flux" nature of queries on X$BH [it shouldn't be because of 8.1.7.0.0 Solaris v 8.1.7.2.1 Tru64].

Coming back to your suggestion, I'll retry the query as you've suggested.

Hemant K Chitale
Principal DBA
Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> 12/03/2002 05:53 PM Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

Please respond to ORACLE-L

             To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

             cc: (bcc: CHITALE Hemant Krishnarao/IT/CHRT/ST Group)

             Subject: Re: how to know ,the tables which are accessed via FTS? Whilst your query really ought not to crash, bear in mind that X$ objects are not subject to any form of normal read consistency, so you may be hitting some strange side-effect of in-flux blocks.

You may do better to reduce the run-time of the query by doing the select and group by on x$bh only as an inline view, and then joining to dba_objects - and since you are joining to x$bh why not join to obj$ ?

Something like:
select
from

    (
    select obj
    from x$bh
    where to_number(bitand(flag, power(2,19))) = 1     group by obj
    ) bh,
    obj$ ob
where

    ob.dataobj# = bh.obj
;

By restricting the object_type to "TABLE" you will be missing index fast full scans, of course. And won't you also miss
scans on partitioned objects and
clustered objects.

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminar - UK, April 3rd - 5th

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html

Author of:

<hemantchitale_at_charteredsemi.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: 12 March 2002 07:46

Author: Jonathan Lewis
  INET: jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk

also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). [This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.] -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: INET: hemantchitale_at_charteredsemi.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L