Re: Control file expanding

From: Joe Testa <teci_at_the-testas.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:38:32 -0800

I've seen this on AIX, the controlfile will expand depending on the parm maxloghistory that was set when the db was created.

eventually it will max out in size, and start spitting out errors in the alert log at every time a log switch happens.

It happened to us about 3 weeks ago and i can't remember the max size.

hth, joe

--
Joe Testa, Oracle DBA
Nothing new to put here, hmmmmmm