Who is querying a table?

From: Lima, Phil <Phil.Lima_at_acs-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:43:27 -0800

Esteemed Gurus,

I have a client that wants to collect information on who is querying a = table. The database is of the 8i variety. The table is accessed thru = an application that uses Forms 6i, so the users are not issuing command = line queries. Each time a user opens a form, our developed security, = which is tied to Oracle Roles, checks to see what the user can do on = this form (query only or update/insert).

Basically with this type if configuration, each time the form opens the = security is checked and if the user has access to the form, the = underlying table is queried ( I didn't come up with this system, I just = need to support it) in anticipation of the user either querying the rows or preparing for insert so that constraints can be checked and uniqueness of data verified. In other words, each time the form opens the table is queried.

The client isn't worried about the users that are inputting data, their userid is recorded as part of the inserted record on commit, but no such information is saved in the table if only a query is done. They only want to collect the userids that are only looking at data and what data they looked at.

Oh, and the final dinger, they do not want to impact performance dramatically.

If there is some suggestions any of you might have, I would appreciate it.

Regards,
Phil Lima
Oracle Hotline
ACS Government Systems
Lexington KY
phil.lima_at_acs-inc.com

Author: Lima, Phil
  INET: Phil.Lima_at_acs-inc.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 15 2002 - 10:43:27 CST