I'm getting many old messages

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:23:41 -0800

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 4:59 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Oracle 8.0.5.0.0
Tru64 4.0f

We have a process running here and without going into the detail of it we have a Pro C program that is taking ages to run updates and selects (2 hours to do 10000 records). The program was changed to PL/SQL and we suddenly were seeing 5 million records processed in 1 hour.

Is PL/SQL that much faster than Pro C. Can somone more in the know give me some hints ??

TIA Lee

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Author: Robertson Lee - lerobe
  INET: lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM