RE: DB freezes ... no indications of any kind

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:14:18 -0800

Raj,

> Well, I'd say about 3 log switches during 15 minute period
> before and after
> the freeze, nothing crazy ... that's what is confusing ...

Could you post the Statspack report for the period where you experienced this 'hang' as well as one during 'normal' periods? If you don't want to, have a look at the Top 5 wait events - that would tell you a lot.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Grace - Getting something we don't deserve Mercy - NOT getting something we deserve

Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 11 2002 - 17:14:18 CST