RE: DB freezes ... no indications of any kind

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:18:26 -0800

Raj - If you run STATSPACK with the statsauto script, then it runs every 15 minutes, which would be too large an interval for your purposes. However, if you

        execute statspack.snap;
then it executes immediately. When the problem occurs, execute it. If you are concerned, keep a window open with the command typed so you just have to hit "enter". Then 2-3 minutes later, execute the command again. If you are more comfortable with utlbstat/utlestat, I guess that is still available in 9i, but not as comprehensive as statspack. Naturally if the database is frozen or "hung", then statspack will take awhile to complete.

        Another thought is Note 61552.1 "Diagnosing Database Hanging Issues" on Metalink.
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 11 2002 - 11:18:26 CST