RE: Sun Cluster and VCS failover

From: Aponte, Tony <AponteT_at_hsn.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:16:30 -0800

We have several 2-way VCS clusters with 16 and 10 CPU's per server. We found that the failover time was proportionate with the number of file systems that need to be mounted by the take-over node. We consolidated the file systems containing the datafiles down to 1 and each database takes 2-3 minutes 'till service is fully restored.

HTH
Tony Aponte

Author: Aponte, Tony
  INET: AponteT_at_hsn.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 08 2002 - 10:16:30 CST