RE: Hundreds of schemas in one instance?

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 08:43:26 -0800

I will share one example of where a lot of small datafiles come in handy. I have a script that clones a database. Basically you supply a list of volumes on the target server that are available for datafiles and it will cycle through and decide where there is enough room for the file. If you have lot's of small files you can pack out the volumes in the high 90%'s no problem, if you have few large files you will have a lot of unused space usually.

This is nice when you have to cram a ton of databases across a set of disks for testing, qa etc...

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Mar 07 2002 - 10:43:26 CST